- CDSW Home
- Student Wellness
- Disablity Services
- Case Management
Late Night Alcohol-Free Event Funding
Planning a late night event and need some $$$? Apply to receive funding for your event.
Submit an application in advance - allow 2 weeks for processing (translation: submit an application at least 3 weeks in advance of your planned event!)
Description of Criteria:
- All events must be held on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights during the hours of 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM for at least a 2 hour time span to qualify. Funding may be available for events on other days and times, provided that these events are designed to provide a healthier alternative to a high risk drinking event (e.g. a Super Bowl or St. Patrick’s Day party).
- Events must be alcohol and drug free regardless of age or student status of the attendees.
- All function attendees must abide by campus, local, state, and federal laws while attending the sponsored event.
- Award allocation funds may be used for specified expenditures only.
- Prizes may be given at the event, but prizes must not include alcoholic beverages or gift certificates to bars or stores that sell alcohol (e.g. Walmart, Kroger). Gift certificates may be given to restaurants that serve alcohol (e.g. Applebees, Alex’s Pizza). Prizes should not promote alcohol use or abuse.
- All events must have prior approval from the Review Committee for Late Night Programs in order to receive funds.
- Events must not glamorize or normalize high risk drinking when advertising the event nor during the event.
- The Late-Night funding graphic must be included on advertising for the event.
Funding Parameters (typical funding limits, though exceptions may apply)
- If the event is for your group or floor (50 people or less) the award will be up to $75.
- If the event is for the entire hall or is a multi group event (51-100 people) the award will be up to $125.
- If it is a campus wide event the award will be up to $225.
Late Night Programming Funds vs. Alcohol Education Funds:
- Alcohol free opportunities to socialize are an important part of the universities plan to reduce high risk drinking.
- This Late Night Programming funding is designed to be used for events that are primarily social in nature.
- This funding may not be used for a Residential Life alcohol education program.
Steps to the funding process:
- Fill out the application and turn it in to the Student Wellness office (please allow 2 weeks for processing). Please include a complete event budget, and make note of how much you are requesting from this funding source.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with the Review Committee for Late Night Program to discuss payment options and the program.
- Hold the event/program.
- Turn in itemized receipts, copies of any publicity used, and the program summary report no later than 1 week after the event is held.
*If the Student Wellness office does not receive all of the required paper work, funding may be delayed or denied.